Mike Fuller/Fulltone schmeißt hin

Plaintop
Instrumente: Fruchtgummiorgel

Mike Fuller/Fulltone schmeißt hin

Beitragvon Plaintop » Fr 26. Aug 2022, 07:03

Fulltone To Close It's Doors After 30 Years In Business
Statement from Michael Fuller of Fulltone: “It’s with a heavy heart that I announce that Fulltone will be closing its doors in CA after 30 years. The building, which I own, is up for sale. Myself and my crew want to thank you for your support all these years and for putting up with my eccentricities as well. Do not feel sorry for me, I have made many mistakes and learned a lot in the past 30n years. The heavy heart is for my 10, 15, 20, and 26 year employees who are like family...I would have closed Fulltone years ago were it not for them. I've done well financially thanks in part to you, and to the many large years in the roaring 2000s and beyond plus real estate and some good investments, so it's time to enjoy the fruits of all that labor. I'm closing the Fulltone CA Shop because I will not start pumping my person money into a business that no longer turns a profit...this 4 year climate makes 100% made in the USA impossible. Fulltone will remain a valid Corporation, I'll continue to vigorously defend my $3M worth of worldwide Trademarks & Patent, and will build a few pedals here and there as I am vividly aware of what it takes to keep my brand from being stolen. My plans? My wife and I bought a well-known artist's 17 acre property and world-class recording studio outside of Nashville last year, so I'm going back to what I'm good at, playing guitar and recording my mediocre 70's rock. And I'll do the occasional outside project, particularly for unknown talent who could never otherwise afford to record through tape machines and great digital, let alone have 99 finely-tuned vintage guitar, 65 vintage amps, and a tone of the finest vintage microphones at their disposal. It's time for the old guy to move out of the way and make room for the geniuses of the next, more digital, generation. Thank you again, and feel free to reach out!
Michael Fuller/Fulltone"
https://youtube.com/watch?v=2_VQQ9x99Aw

spanking the plank

Re: Mike Fuller/Fulltone schmeißt hin

Beitragvon spanking the plank » Fr 26. Aug 2022, 10:27

Das ist der Lauf der Dinge. Alle Teile und Komponenten, die für das Innenleben eines Effektgerätes erforderlich sind, werden bereits seit Jahren nur noch in Ostasien hergestellt (insbesondere China, Taiwan). Es war immer schon eine Marketing-Lüge zu behaupten, diese sog. Boutique-Teile seien "made in the USA". Das Metal oder Alu-Housing ja, aber das entscheidende Innenleben, das für den Sound verantwortlich ist, eben nicht.
ALLE Pedal-Firmen kaufen die PCBs, ICs und Pods in China. Dann darf man als Customer auch so konsequent sein, das GANZE Pedal gleich made in China zum Bruchteil des Boutique-Preises zu kaufen.

Um den guten Michael Fuller müssen wir uns aus wirtschaftlicher Sicht sicher keine Sorgen machen, der hat seine Millionen bereits verdient.

Zakk

Beitragvon Zakk » Fr 26. Aug 2022, 10:38

this 4 year climate makes 100% made in the USA impossible.

Worauf bezieht er sich?

Zakk

Beitragvon Zakk » Fr 26. Aug 2022, 10:38

this 4 year climate makes 100% made in the USA impossible.

Worauf bezieht er sich?

spanking the plank

Beitragvon spanking the plank » Fr 26. Aug 2022, 11:14

Kann nur vermuten, dass er sich insoweit auf die aus seiner Sicht politischen und wirtschaftlichen Rahmenbedingungen in den USA (also die hausgemachte Wirtschaftsmisere, Inflation etc.), also das US-intern hausgemachte wirtschaftspolitische "Klima" bezieht.

Spanish Tony

Beitragvon Spanish Tony » Fr 26. Aug 2022, 19:19

Fulltone ist für mich schon lange vorbei :mrgreen:

Spanish Tony

Beitragvon Spanish Tony » Do 22. Sep 2022, 16:12

Eben mal bei EK nach Fulltone geschaut. Und natürlich steigen die Preise. Das ist alles so erbärmlich und vorhersehbar. Für so einen beschissenen OCD 290€ :thumbdown:

Zurück zu „Equipment / Recording / Technik“